Happy New Year! God calls us to be good stewards of the resources He’s given us, including our bodies. In these 2 episodes we discuss how our faith and eating healthy are connected with our guest Lora. She is very passionate about the topic and has led several studies on Rick Warren’s “The Daniel Plan” for her church.
Check out Lora’s favorite healthier brownie recipe here!
- Being healthy helps us fulfill our purposes and serve others in a better capacity
- Keys to eating healthy include consistency, accountability, and focusing more on “why” than “what”
- A healthy diet has been proven to not just prevent but reverse diseases
- 1 Corinthians 6:20 – For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body.
- 2 Corinthians 10:5 – We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ,
- Romans 12:2 – And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.
- 1 Corinthians 10:31 – Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
- 1 Corinthians 6:12 – All things are lawful for me, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be mastered by anything.
- Philippians 1:21 – For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.
- Galatians 6:9 – Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary.
- 2 Kings 20:1-4 – In those days Hezekiah became mortally ill. And Isaiah the prophet the son of Amoz came to him and said to him, “Thus says the Lord, ‘Set your house in order, for you shall die and not live.’” 2 Then he turned his face to the wall and prayed to the Lord, saying, 3 “Remember now, O Lord, I beseech You, how I have walked before You in truth and with a whole heart and have done what is good in Your sight.” And Hezekiah wept bitterly. 4 Before Isaiah had gone out of the middle court, the word of the Lord came to him, saying, 5 “Return and say to Hezekiah the leader of My people, ‘Thus says the Lord, the God of your father David, “I have heard your prayer, I have seen your tears; behold, I will heal you. On the third day you shall go up to the house of the Lord. 6 I will add fifteen years to your life, and I will deliver you and this city from the hand of the king of Assyria; and I will defend this city for My own sake and for My servant David’s sake.”’
- Articles – “Obesity in the Church”, “One third of US Pastors are Obese”
- Documentaries (available on Netflix) – Supersize Me, Forks over Knives, Hungry for Change, Fed Up, GMO:OMG
- Apps – Lose It, Fitness Pal, Couch to 5K, EndoMondo, EWG Food Scores
- Books/Blogs – The Daniel Plan by Rick Warren, Faith Inspired Transformation by Kim Dolan Leto, 100 Days to Real Food by Lisa Leake, Vani Hari, In Defense of Food by Micheal Pollan, Master Your Metabolism by Jillian Michaels