In this episode we give updates on the presidential campaign, and discuss why voting and praying for our leaders is important. We also talk about the life and death of Prince and the importance of salvation. We also answer questions from The Walk podcast host Anthony Brown. (P.S Happy Mother’s Day!)
- We should make an informed decision when voting (use a site like Vote Smart to get information)
- We should pray for our political leaders
- No matter who become president, God is still the ruler of all nations
- Prince’s death reminds us that no one lives forever on Earth, but salvation allows us to live forever in Heaven
- 1st Timothy 2:1-4 – First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, 2 for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. 3 This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
- 2nd Chronicles 7:14 – and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
- Psalms 22:28 – For the kingdom is the Lord’s
And He rules over the nations.
- Romans 1:32 – although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them.
- Romans 6:23 – For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Romans 10:9 – If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
- James 4:14 – Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away.
- Like Any Prince – by Desiring God (John Piper’s ministry)