In part 2 Bri and Jason McGriff, the founder of Open Praise Open Mic, discuss how our lifestyle should reflect what we believe, not just on Sunday mornings. Jason also share some his poetry. Lastly, we share some clips from our top 5 listened to episodes for 2016.
- Jason started writing poetry as an outlet for several issues he was going through in life
- As his relationship with Christ grew, he knew he could not continue writing the same secular poetry he used to
- Our day to day lives reveal more of our Christianity than what we do on a Sunday morning
- John 10:10 – “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.
- Rev. 12:11 – “And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony, and they did not love their life even when faced with death.
- Mark 4:23 – “If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear.”
- Jeremiah 29:11 – ‘For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.”
Music and Spoken Word Mentioned
Jessica Reedy – Blue God
Lecrae – Runners
P4CM (Youtube Channel here)
Karness – Does Anybody Know that You’re a Christian
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.