Netflix and Chill or nah? Jay Mayo, host of Right to R.E.A.L Love Radio joins us to discuss dating trends from a Biblical perspective. Dating can be one of those gray areas where we create our own rules, but we can’t expect to have godly relationships without God’s standards.
Jay’s podcast website – Right to R.E.A.L Love Radio
- While there is no scripture that gives dating rules, we can use them to learn kingdom principles and make dating decisions
- Worldy dating can be selfish, and can lack accountability and purpose
- Rules in relationships aren’t going to guarantee your relationship will be perfect
- The book of Proverbs
- Waiting and Dating: A Sensible Guide to a Fulfilling Love Relationship by Myles Munroe
- 1st Corinthians 6:19 – Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own?
- Proverbs 18:22 – He who finds a wife finds a good thing And obtains favor from the LORD.
- 1st Thessalonians 5:22 – Abstain from all appearance of evil.
- Matthew 5:28 – But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
- Matthew 6:33 – But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
Throwback song about keeping your standards in dating – Trin-I-Tee 5:7 – My Body