I love Christian events. I’ve been to over 30 concerts, conferences, and other types of them since 2012. However, I also love saving money. Can these loves co-exist? Yes, although it can take some research, vigilance, and luck (or as Lecrae says grace). Read below to find out how, especially in Central FL. Also ways to save on Christian apparel
Bri’s 10 Ways to Save!
- Early Bird Tickets – If you register early sometimes you can get a discount, plus you will probably be able to get a cheaper room if there’s a special rate before they run out. For local events pay in advance, at the door is usually higher.
- Group Tickets – Most events have a discount for groups of 10 or more.
- Contests – Enter our, artist, promo companies, and radio contests for free tickets. Check out who’s sponsoring or hosting the event, they might have a contest for tickets. Many people don’t enter, I’ve won several tickets. Kingdom Promo and radio stations like the JoyFM and Spirit 90.5 usually have contests for local events.
- Sign up for newsletters/watch sites – Many sites will post promo codes or have sales, but you have to watch carefully. There’s Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and end of year sales for apparel.
- Join a virtual street team/Share links
- I am apart of Team Unashamed’s Fancorps site, which lets you earn points when you share info about Reach Records artists online. You can get free apparel and merchandise with the points. I got the 116 women’s tshirt for free. You can join here
- When you are on merchandise or event sites, sometimes you can share the site to get a certain percent off
- When going out of town: Carpool, share rooms or network to find people to stay with, bring snacks, find local deals
- Volunteer – Since you’ve saved so much, it’s time to give back! You can usually see a portion of the event.
- At the end of an event, sometimes you can get a promo code for the next one.
- Watch online or buy the DVD if you can’t go
- Legal free music (please support artists as well)
- Radio free songs of the week – Air1 & K-Love (just examples, currently unavailable at the time of writing this post)
- Many new artists give away their music for free. Well known artists & DJs have free mixtapes too – here’s the free download pages of Rapzilla & JamTheHype
- All of one of my favorite record label’s Humblebeast music is free
- Noisetrade (donation based, also has books)