In this episode we discuss becoming financially fit with Shehara Smallwood. She is the founder and owner of Your Story Financial, LLC, a virtual, fee-only fiduciary boutique firm committed to helping professionals oversee their financial affairs. How to become financially responsible, the importance of saving for retirement and how faith plays a part in financial planning are just some of the topics we cover!
Connect with Shehara
- Website – http://www.yourstoryfinancial.com/
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/YourStoryFinancial/
- Becoming an entrepreneur required Shehara helped her faith to grow in several ways peace and worry
- Budgeting is a necessity to see where your money is going, there are many tools available to help you such as Mint or Youneedabudget.com
- Patience is crucial for reaching mid term financial goals
- There are several scriptures that give us insight on managing finances
- Isaiah 6:6-7 – For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace. There will be no end to the increase of His government or of peace, On the throne of David and over his kingdom, To establish it and to uphold it with justice and righteousness From then on and forevermore. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will accomplish this.
- James 5:16 Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.
- The lilies of field , worry won’t add
- Ecclesiastics 11:1-2 – Cast your bread on the surface of the waters, for you will find it [a]after many days. Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth
- Proverbs 11:28 – He who trusts in his riches will fall, but the righteous will flourish like the green leaf.
- Proverbs 30:25 – The ants are not a strong people, But they prepare their food in the summer.
- Luke 12:27-28 – Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; but I tell you, not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these. 28 But if God so clothes the grass in the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, how much more will He clothe you? You men of little faith!
- Christian Credit Counselors
- National Foundation for Credit Counseling
- The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren
- What Color is Your Parachute by Richard Bolles
- The Behavior Gap by Carl Richards
- Seven Money Types by Tommy Brown
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.