Ever felt like you weren’t good enough? You don’t have to hold onto that fear. In this episode we discuss how to repurpose fear and failure with Dr. Shannon Warden. Dr. Shannon is a professional counselor and has also coauthored with Dr. Gary Chapman. Repurposing our fears and failures will transform our lives and help us to encourage others to do the same.
Dr. Shannon Warden is an assistant teaching professor at Wake Forest University where she teaches in the graduate counseling program. She is also the director of counseling and director of women’s ministries at Triad Baptist Church in Kernersville, North Carolina.
As a professional counselor, Dr. Shannon has counseled children, families, young adults, women, and couples since 1998. Dr. Shannon is also the owner of Repurposed Life Ministries and is an author and public speaker.
Dr. Shannon has co authored the book : Things I Wished I’d Known Before We Were Parents with Long time relationship expert and the author of the #1 NY Times Best Seller : The 5 Love Languages author Dr. Gary Chapman.
Dr. Shannon is married to her husband and they have three children.
- We can repurpose our fears and failures – giving them use and even encourage others
- Some fears and failures are good and can serve important purpose in our lives
- God can help us repurpose both unexpected failure and the little failures we feel everyday
- We can use the A.L.T.A.R. acronym created by Dr. Shannon as a guide to repurpose fear and failure
- Lay it down
- Reach Out
- Things I Wish I’d Known Before We Became Parents by Dr. Gary Chapman with Dr. Shannon Warden
- There is also a devotional you can download here
- Repurposing Fears & Failures by Dr. Shannon Warden
- Jesus’s parables
- John 14:27 – Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful
- Song of Solomon 2:15 Catch the foxes for us, the little foxes that are ruining the vineyards, while our vineyards are in blossom.
- John 16:33 – These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:17 – Pray without ceasing
- Ephesians 4:21-24 – 21 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught in Him, just as truth is in Jesus, 22 that, in reference to your former manner of life, you lay aside the old self, which is being corrupted in accordance with the lusts of deceit, 23 and that you be renewed in the spirit of your mind, 24 and put on the new self, which in the likeness of God has been created in righteousness and holiness of the truth.
- 2nd Timothy 1:7 – For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline.
Check out these songs on overcoming fear and failure with God!
Fearless by Jasmine Murray
Mended by Matthew West