Millions of people in America alone are affected by mental health conditions. In this episode, Bri has a conversation with Brittney Moses, who authors the blog “A Journey of Faith and Mental Wellness”, which also has an app. They discuss the connection between faith and mental wellness as well as why we should not be embarrassed to improve our wellness. Brittney also shares 9 ways to love someone through depression.
Follow Brittney online:
- Website – www.brittneyamoses.com
- Instagram – @brittneymoses
- Twitter – @brittney_moses
Subscribe: iTunes | Android | Soundcloud | RSS
- Mental wellness is important and we shouldn’t be embarrassed to pursue wellness
- Scriptures give us a glimpse of mental struggles, but they also give us hope and comfort in Christ
- One of the best things we can do for those who are struggling with wellness is to listen
- Taking medication is not the opposite of faith
- Jude 3 Project Podcast Episode – Mental Health in the Church
- Online Mental Health Assessment
- The 7 Day Anxiety Detox by Brittney Moses
- Psychology Today – Spirituality Articles
- American Association of Christian Counselors
- Brittney’s Blogs
- Romans 12:2 – And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect
- Romans 8:28 – And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.
- Romans 10:17 – So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.
- Psalms 27: 13-14 – I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. 14 Wait for the Lord; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord
- 2nd Corinthians 10:5 – We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ
Other resources to check out!
Song – Suicide Nets by Nobigdyl feat. Emily Allman (mentioned on the episode)
Christian Mental Health Podcast (CXMH) – CXMH is a podcast at the intersection of Christianity & mental health. Hosts Robert Vore and Steve Austin bring together Christian leaders with mental health professionals for honest conversations.
Mental Health by the Numbers Infographic
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.