In this episode we talk with Lionel Shipman, owner of Shipman Consulting, on how his faith has grown throughout his career and the importance of mentorship. He also gives advice for millennials who are becoming mentors themselves and we discuss his upcoming book, “Scared Vows, The Knot or Not”.
Follow Lionel on Twitter – @LShipmanSC
- The empowered life should ultimate lead us to empower others
- A mentor must be a person with integrity and a good listener
- A mentor must not just be a task giver, but a teacher
- Authenticity and relevancy are some of the keys in mentoring youth
- John 13:35 – By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.
- 2nd Corinthians 9:7 – Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
- Proverbs 11:14 – Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory.
- Our Christian event calendar – goandgrowshow.com/events
- QCommons 10/26/17 – Find an event near you at qcommons.com
- Bri’s blog post from the QCommons 2016 – goandgrowshow.com/qcommons2016
- Stay tuned for more info on Lionel’s book!