In this episode Cee shares how her faith impacts her view of current events. Bri discusses quiet time and studying the Bible with her friend and past guest Welty. They give encouragement to stay consistent with quiet time, how it has impacted their lives, and more.
- There is no formula or designated time for quiet time, just to stay consistent
- Quiet time allows us to hear from God and see our lives from His perspective
- The Bible is still relevant to our lives today
Scriptures Used (in parts 1 and 2)
- Ephesians 1:17-18 – That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him. 18I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints
- Jeremiah 29:13 – And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.
- Proverbs 8:17 – I love those who love me; And those who diligently seek me will find me.
- 1st Timothy 4:8 – for bodily discipline is only of little profit, but godliness is profitable for all things, since it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come.
- 2nd Timothy 3:15 – And that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus
- Hebrews 4:12 -For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.
- Psalm 119:105 – Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
Tools and Resources Mentioned (from part 2)
- Logos Bible Study Software (also has an app)
- Streetlights Audio Bible (Also on Spotify)
- Apologetics Study Bible
- Olive Tree Bible App
- NIV Cultural Background Study Bible – Bri forgot to mention this but it helps understand the culture during Biblical times