In this episode Bri continues her discussion with Welty on studying the Bible. She shares what she looks for when reading scripture and what tools assist her when studying. Revelation from the Word brings transformation in our lives!
- The Bible is relevant to our lives even in 2018!
- There are many references in the New Testament to the Old Testament. Cross referencing scriptures can help us see the connections between the two.
- We must apply the revelation we find to bring transformation in our lives
Scriptures Used (in parts 1 and 2)
- Ephesians 1:17-18 – That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him. 18I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints
- Jeremiah 29:13 – And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.
- Proverbs 8:17 – I love those who love me; And those who diligently seek me will find me.
- 1st Timothy 4:8 – for bodily discipline is only of little profit, but godliness is profitable for all things, since it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come.
- 2nd Timothy 3:15 – And that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus
- Hebrews 4:12 -For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.
Tools and Resources Mentioned (from part 2)
- Logos Bible Study Software (also has an app)
- Streetlights Audio Bible (Also on Spotify)
- Apologetics Study Bible
- Olive Tree Bible App
- 30 Day Bible Study App
- NIV Cultural Background Study Bible – Bri forgot to mention this but it helps understand the culture during Biblical times