In this episode Bri speaks with sister coach, author and founder of A Sister’s Truth Lakitia Woodard. LaKitia encourages women to discover, define, and live their truth to live out their God given purpose. We discuss many topics including her book and journey, mental over stimulation, and more!
Links to Listen:
Connect with LaKitia online:
- Website: https://www.asisterstruth.com
- Twitter: @asisterstruth
- Instagram: @asisterstruth
- Facebook – LaKitiaMarie
LaKitia M. Woodard is a Sexual Abuse Survivor and Advocate, Motivational Speaker, Sister Coach, and International Author empowering women to live their authentic selves. Her passion for speaking blossomed during her matriculation at Clark Atlanta University after joining Youthful Survivors sharing her testimony of surviving sexual abuse. During her career, she unmasked the ugly truth behind most problems inhibiting women to embody their best selves: a lack of self awareness.
In order to solve this issue, she launched A Sister’s Truth (AST). AST coaches women on how to Discover, Define, and Live their Truth for manifesting a courageous life without limits. As a result of one on one coaching and seminars, women are equipped with the tools, skills, and encouragement needed to stay true to themselves for a purpose driven life. Through her motivational speeches, LaKitia teaches women the importance of accepting their flaws for personal growth and happiness. As an author, LaKitia contributes to the world by sharing techniques on how to gain clarity and build the confidence needed to live your truth.
- Her coaching approach was developed from her personal awareness journey
- We can prevent ourselves from living our truths. We have a choice on how we let our circumstances affect us
- Living our truth is important because We never know who is watching us, even our setbacks and mistakes can encourage and inspire others
- We can’t know our purpose outside of God, He created us
- Mental health and therapy can help us peel back the layers to help us get to our truth
- Ephesians 6:14 – Stand firm therefore, having girded your loins with truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness
- John 14:6 – Jesus answered, “I amOur Faith & Mental Wellness episode featuring Brittney Moses
- CXMH – How To Find Affordable Counseling episode
- LaKitia’s blog post “Mental Overstimulation”
- Believe Bigger by Marshawn Evans Daniels
- I am Number 8 by John Gray
- Lost and Found by Sarah Jakes Roberts
- The Hollywood Commandments by Devon Franklin
- Cornelius Lindsey Purpose sermon