In these episodes we discuss the connections between faith and fitness with Sensei Jean Andre. He is a 3rd degree Black Belt in Taekwondo, personal trainer, and health coach. He also shares fitness tips for beginners as well as those that might be struggling with their new year’s resolutions to get in shape. In part 2 He answers listener questions and suggests ways the church leaders can help their congregations stay physically fit.
- Workouts are a great time to commune with God and grow in your faith
- Gym buddies are good, but don’t depend on someone else for your fitness
- Be your own competition. Strive to beat your personal best.
- Matthew 6:33 – But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
- 1 Corinthians 10:31 – Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
- 1 Timothy 4:8 – For bodily discipline is only of little profit, but godliness is profitable for all things, since it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come.
Jean’s Recommended Resources:
- The China Study by Dr. T. Colin Campbell
- Dr. Yourself by Dr. Andrew Saul
- Food Politics by Marion Nestle
- Salt Sugar Fat: How the Food Giants Hooked Us by Michael Moss
- Natural News
Know That’s Right – Andy Mineo
Check out Bri’s Christian Workout Playlist on Spotify!