In this episode we talk with Christian hip hop artist Ike Washington aka Dat Guy Ike about his transition from secular rap to Christian hip hop, how there is space for every talent, and feature 3 songs from his album, The Awakening 2.0: Learn Love, Grow. We also answer his question about how we find out about Christian events.
Follow Ike online
- Facebook – Dat Guy Ike
- Twitter – @datguyikemusic
- Instagram – @datguyike
- Website – www.awashi02.wix.com/datguyike
- Obedience is crucial to fulfilling God’s will for our lives
- “You may not be the eyes that see the finish line, but you may be the legs than can get us there. You may not be the ears that hear the next idea, but you may be the arms that can push us off the ground when we fall.” – Dat Guy Ike. You don’t have to be a Christian rapper to go out and disciple.
- You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” – St. Augustine. Only in Christ can we have true contentment.
- Ecclesiastes 3:11 – He has made everything appropriate in its time. He has also set eternity in their heart, yet so that man will not find out the work which God has done from the beginning even to the end
- 1st Corinthians 12-24 – 12 For even as the body is one and yet has many members, and all the members of the body, though they are many, are one body, so also is Christ.13 For [j]by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one Spirit.14 For the body is not one member, but many. 15 If the foot says, “Because I am not a hand, I am not a part of the body,” it is not for this reason any the less a part of the body. 16 And if the ear says, “Because I am not an eye, I am not a part of the body,” it is not for this reason [l]any the less a part of the body. 17 If the whole body were an eye, where would the hearing be? If the whole were hearing, where would the sense of smell be? 18 But now God has placed the members, each one of them, in the body, just as He desired. 19 If they were all one member, where would the body be? 20 But now there are many members, but one body. 21 And the eye cannot say to the hand, “I have no need of you”; or again the head to the feet, “I have no need of you.” 22 On the contrary, it is much truer that the members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary; 23 and those members of the body which we deem less honorable, on these we bestow more abundant honor, and our less presentable members become much more presentable, 24 whereas our more presentable members have no need of it. But God has so composed the body, giving more abundant honor to that member which lacked, 25 so that there may be no division in the body, but that the members may have the same care for one another. 26 And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it.
- Matthew 28:16-20 – Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
Our Blogs Mentioned
Ike’s Songs Played during the episode
- Save Me
- Song of a King
Ike performing Lord Jesus with the quote Bri referenced in the episode at the end